Craedl Terms of Service
Updated 12 March 2018
If you have any questions about this agreement, please contact Craedl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By accessing the website at https://craedl.org and/or its subdomains, you agree to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. We reserve the right to modify these terms of service, and we will notify you should modifications be made.
The Craedl (Collaborative Research Administration Environment and Data Library) service ("the Service") enables you to manage data and related metadata that you provide ("User Data"). Permission is granted to use the Service, which includes:
- data management;
- metadata population;
- file storage;
- file transfer;
- file sharing;
- data discovery through metadata search;
- research group management; and
- institute administration;
In order to use the Service, you must register with Craedl either directly or through the Globus authentication service, subject to its own terms of service. By registering, you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information. While limited access to the Service is granted simply by logging in, full access to all features provided by the Service, such as Research Group Management and Institution Administration, as well as extended Data Storage Quota, may be obtained only by contacting Craedl.
When using Globus/InCommon authentication, your authentication credentials are not stored by Craedl in any way, but instead verified by your hosting identity provider, such as your educational institution or Globus itself. When using Craedl authentication, your authentication credentials (username and password) are stored by Craedl; We will never share these credentials with any external third parties. You agree not to disclose your password or other authentication information to any third party. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your account, whether you have authorized such activities or actions, except to the extent that your account is compromised or otherwise improperly accessed as a result of or in connection with Craedl's gross negligence or willful misconduct.
Responsibility for data
You have sole responsibility for all User Data that you manage through use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that Craedl and its affiliates will not be responsible for any failure of the Service to manage User Data, for the deletion of User Data managed by the service, or for the corruption or loss of any data, information, or content contained in User Data.
Ownership of user data
We do not claim any ownership rights to any User Data that you manage through the Service. However, by managing User Data through the Service, you grant Craedl the non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable right, on a royalty-free basis, to use, copy, distribute, and process User Data through the Service on your behalf for the purposes of managing such User Data.
We retain the right to collect information about your usage of Craedl both for the purpose of providing Research Group Management and Institution Administration analytics and for improving the Service. We will not transfer any information about your usage of Craedl to any external third parties.
As a condition to your use of the Service, you agree not to:
- Upload or transmit any User Data:
- that you do not have the lawful right to copy, transmit, distribute, and display (including any User Data that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the User Data);
- for which you do not have the consent or permission of each identifiable person in the User Data to use the name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness of each such person (to the extent required by applicable law and to the extent each is implicated by the User Data);
- that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights or violates the privacy rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity);
- that is defamatory;
- that is obscene or pornographic;
- that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any individual or group;
- that contains any personally identifiable information, personal health information, sensitive personal information, or information otherwise sensitive to research subjects;
- that contains any sensitive or national security information, including, but is not limited to, classified information, unclassified controlled nuclear information (UCNI), naval nuclear propulsion information (NNPI), the design or development of nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons, or any weapons of mass destruction; or
- that violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or could give rise to civil liability;
- Access, tamper with, or use any non-public areas of the Service, the computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of the Service's providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service or any related system or network, or breach any security or authentication measures used in connection with the Service and such systems and networks, without prior written consent;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Service;
- Harm, threaten to harm, interfere with, or attempt to interfere with the access of any user, host, or network including, without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service; or
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
The Service may contain links to third-party websites. You acknowledge and agree that Craedl and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for:
- the availability or accuracy of such websites; or
- the content, products, or services on or available from such websites.
We reserve the right to discontinue the Service or to change the Service at any time and without notice.
If you breach this agreement, We have the right to terminate this agreement immediately, without notice, and to deactivate your account.
Disclaimer of warranties
The service is provided "as-is," without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, Craedl and its affiliates explicitly disclaim any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Neither Craedl or its affiliates make any warranty that the Service will meet your requirements or will be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that We will not be responsible for any damages to your compute system or the computer system of any third party that result from use of the Service.